How long does it take to receive a refund from WestJet?
The only good thing that can follow a flight cancelation can be a quick, good refund to make up for your lost vacation plans or that business trip. However, the quickest refunds can also take some measurable time, which says a lot about refund processing.
If you have recently canceled a reservation with WestJet, or rather the Airlines canceled your flight for some reason; it can be pretty possible that you are waiting for a refund. The WestJet refund details and policies are discussed below, and you can read on to get to know about them.
What is the WestJet refund policy?
- Any flight cancelation within 24 hours from the booking will be free of cancellation charges, regardless of whether the ticket is refundable.
- The cancelations after this 24-hour window will incur cancelation charges whose amount will be varied depending upon numerous factors like flight destination, route, or the flight class.
- Non-refundable tickets will be ineligible for any refund claims except for the costs paid for the Government services and taxes.
- These refunds will be reflected in the original account from which the ticket was paid within 7-21 days, depending upon the mode of payment. Those who paid using Credit or Debit cards can expect a refund within 7-10 days.
- Suppose WestJet had canceled your flight like adverse weather conditions, etc. In that case, you are eligible to receive complete compensation for your reservation regardless of the time and the ticket type.
- Non-refundable tickets may get refund compensation through travel vouchers or any other coupon intended for the future in the next 12 months.
The extensive WestJet refund policy can be read on the official WestJet website.
How can I raise a WestJet refund claim?
One has to cancel their WestJet flight reservation to start the refund process. This can be best done through the official WestJet website in the following manner:
- Get on the cited webpage and scroll down. You will get a “Contact Us” option and click on it.
- The browser will load on the WestJet customer service contact page. Select the “Self Serve Tools” option to get to another webpage.
- This new page will give you various options at the top. Make a selection on “Cancel a flight” and fill in the details of your booked ticket as asked by the page.
- Click search to fetch your flight reservation and flight itinerary and select “Cancel.”
- Make the payments if any prompted by the webpage, and confirm the cancelation.
- A cancelation email will reach you, signifying a successful cancelation. This email will have a refund claim link.
Use this link to start the WestJet refund request process. If one cannot access the website, contact the customer support service team for an immediate resolution over cancellation and refunds.
Official weblink: https://www.westjet.com
Regarding refund request, visit: https://www.westjet.com/en-gb/contact/requests/covid-refund-form