How long does LATAM take to refund?
Guidance to get a refund from LATAM airlines
Sometimes the passenger is not entirely sure about their plan, or after making the reservations, there are some reasons like weather issues, medical issues, when passenger need to cancel their bookings. But before making the cancelation, they want to know whether they are eligible to receive a refund or not. Passengers traveling with LATAM airlines can avail of many benefits like early bookings, deals, and offers. If the passenger cancels their flight, they are also eligible to get a refund. Still, the amount they receive will depend on the LATAM refund policy. If passengers want to know the complete information about this, then they will need to read below.
LATAM airlines refund policies are below mentioned
- If the passengers book the flight from the LATAM airlines' official website and cancel it within 24 hours of booking, they can avail themselves of the benefit of getting a complete refund.
- If the passenger cancels the flight after 24 hours, they will need to pay the flight cancellation charges, and after that, they will get a refund.
- The charges passengers need to pay to cancel the flight depend upon the time left on the boarding date and the date of canceling the flight.
- If the passenger cancels the flight for any medical reason, they will need to show the medical certificate to the official representative of LATAM airlines. Then they will acquire a complete refund.
- If the passenger makes the bookings by using any deals, offers, and miles and then cancels the flight, they will not get any refund but a voucher valid for the next 12 months.
- If the flight is delayed by the LATAM airlines due to less staff or technical issues, the passenger will get a complete refund, and if the passenger wants, they will complete a refund after canceling the flight.
- If the passengers book the flight through any official representative of LATAM airlines, then they will need to contact them to get a refund.
- If the flight is delayed due to bad weather and then passengers cancel the flight, they will not get any amount in a refund.
Steps you need to follow to apply for the refund.
- Open the official website of LATAM airlines https://www.latamtrade.com in any search engine
- After this, click on the manage bookings section form the page
- Next, you need to fill out the last name of the passenger and bookings reference number in the given space
- Following this, your bookings will come on the following page; you need to select the booking you want to cancel.
- Further, you must fill out the reason for the flight cancelling and, if possible, attach valid documents like a medical certificate, etc.
- After this, you need to cancel the flight, and then you need to find out the refund application form.
- Now open that form, fill out all the necessary information, and send that form.
- Last you will receive a confirmation message of flight cancelling of the given contact number and email id.
Is time taken to get a refund from LATAM airlines?
The LATAM refund time will depend upon the mode of payment. If the passenger makes the bookings by using a card, they will get the refund within 12 working days, and if the passenger makes the bookings by using another method, they will receive a refund within 18 working days.
By reading above, you will know about the LATAM refund, and in the case of getting issues in getting a refund, you can also connect with the official representative of LATAM airlines to get help.
Official website: https://www.latamtrade.com
Regarding refund visit: https://www.latamtrade.com/en_au/procom/refund